1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P-14 as you have read below, the high factory sights are ok, but do not seem to be sharp enough (sight picture) for target shooting. i guess fixed sight would be best because I always have to geuss at the elevation. Shooting places vary from 5500 ft to 11000 ft above sea level...I live in the Rockies.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What are you using it for? If a defensive gun, I lean toward either the Novak or Baer night sights (like the Baer best). Had Browns put on one Para, but had trouble with front falling off. No trouble with Novak and Baer. Good crisp picture, but only drift adjustable.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have a set of Novak's with Trijicon night sights installed on a government model. I like them so much that I am now having them installed on my 14.45 LDA.

I am going to try the ambers in the rear with the green in the front all of which will have white outlines for day work.

The LDA is my current duty gun so I want fast sight acquisition thus I am having Rogers Precsion open up the rear sight notch a tad for faster aquisition of the front sight.

[This message has been edited by Patrickl (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
I really like the Heinie sights. I am assuming you have the fixed sight model. If you have an adjustable rear, you are kinda stuck with the LPA rear.

You should come shoot a little IPSC or IDPA with us sometime. Keeps me out of the bars..

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
323 Posts
I replaced the factory adjustable rear (because it kept falling apart) with a Bomar set, and put a fiber optic on the front.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I using this mostly for target, some home defense. Rarely carried, except for out in the woods.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts