1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking for some help with the pros here, guy is selling a colt 1911 from 1914...serial number matches on colts website, and it doesnt have any "aa" or similiar ingravings on the left side of the frame suggest it was rebuilt. i know there is a million other ways to tell here are some photos of the gun..guy is asking 1500$ does this sound fair

serial # 73867
gun is top one on photos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Looks like the slide is from a later pistol. The horse should be behind the thumb safety on a 1914.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The frame is a commercial Colt 1911 made in 1916 with a later Colt slide. The Commercial colts should read: Colt Automatic Calibre 45 on the right side of the slide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, the color of the slide looked off like it was from a different gun. do you guys think this is a good find. ive always wanted something vintage like this, and it looks pretty complete

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well, it IS complete, but incorrect. It's a mix of USGI and commercial parts with little finish remaining and rust pitting throughout. With a little bit of patience, I think you could do much better for $1,500

I'd personally prefer an authentic arsenal rebuilt pistol. A nice one will cost you less and have some value as a collectible.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Well, it IS complete, but incorrect. It's a mix of USGI and commercial parts with little finish remaining and rust pitting throughout. With a little bit of patience, I think you could do much better for $1,500

I'd personally prefer an authentic arsenal rebuilt pistol. A nice one will cost you less and have some value as a collectible.
I agree with the above, for that money you probably can get somethig more correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts