1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Pittsburgh. So,I always wanted a 1911. I picked up a tisis 1911a1, shoots pretty good .anyway, I told an old buddy about it,and he tells me he's not into them,and offered me his grandfather's colt he brought back from the war. 1000 bucks ! I hate to ask this question, but what's a ballpark value? It's really clean. No one has touched this thing in 70 years. Thanks.
Air gun Trigger Handwriting Gun barrel Wood

Toolbox Tool Automotive exterior Set tool Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Wood

· Administrator
80,927 Posts
$1000 for the WW2 Colt was the bargain of a lifetime. If the barrel and other small parts are original (can't tell for sure from the single pic provided) the pistol is easily worth four times that.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Hello from Pittsburgh. So,I always wanted a 1911. I picked up a tisis 1911a1, shoots pretty good .anyway, I told an old buddy about it,and he tells me he's not into them,and offered me his grandfather's colt he brought back from the war. 1000 bucks ! I hate to ask this question, but what's a ballpark value? It's really clean. No one has touched this thing in 70 years. Thanks. View attachment 658577
View attachment 658578
View attachment 658576
oldfind51,

Welcome to the Forum !

That is a Nice Find ! Congratulations !!

(Looking forward to more Pictures.)

Best Regards,

· Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I would strongly caution against shooting it because the slide is only partially hardened. It’s also highly collectible.
Besides, you have that Tisas that will replicate shooting the genuine thing.

If you don’t know, learn to do a complete detailed disassembly and soak all the metal parts in Kroil or PB Blaster. Scrub them with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse the parts with a brake cleaner and let dry. Finally coat them with something like Remoil or Ballistol or CorrosionX.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts