1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range with the new Springfield. Fired one hundred-five rounds in ninety minutes. Blazer 230gr ball at 15, 21 and 30 feet.
At 15 feet. From Weaver ready stance slow fire five shot strings. Thirty-five rounds distributed upon the outer numbers on the target. Edge to edge the groups were about four inches. The occasional flier was my fault*.
At 30 feet. From Weaver ready stance slow fire five shot strings. Thirty-five rounds distributed upon the inner numbers on the target. Edge to edge the groups were about six inches. The occasional flier was my fault*
At 21 feet. From Weaver ready stance rapid fire five six shot strings Mozambique drill,two to the body& one to the head, on a fresh target. Two fliers off the target. Two on the target yet not scored. Twenty distributed in segmented chest/throat area. Six clustered in the head area.
No failures in the gun experienced. Three magazines were three.Wilson-Rogers 47's, one Mecgar and a Colt's. The ejector tossed brass about at random at first. A few strait back. Then to the right. No brass deformation was noted.
This gun is a keeper. It is more than a shooter. It will evolve into a first class carry gun. By the way I do have a mark in the web of my shooting hand from the tang of the grip safety. Its parameter marked three small scabs which from a triangle. The tang will be blended into the frame.
*Shooter applying pressure to the trigger so as to move the muzzle off target. Or,
shooter trying to anticipate shot during trigger "take-up"- flinching. Or, shooter moving gun in vain attempt to get different sight picture when shot falls. Or, shooter assuming poor grip index after setting thumb safety to off.

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
105 rounds in 90 minutes ? Man , what took so long ? :D

Glad you are pleased . Keep us informed .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Norinco#1 I bought a regular Mill-spec last month and I had a lot of low shots your shooter error segment will help me correct my errors thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts