1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to two different stores. Each had a new WWI (black oxide) repro. So I put both on layaway. Is that crazy or what?

What do you think about the looks and durability of the black oxide versus the carbonia?

·
Registered
24 Posts
WWI crazyness

I have a blue 1991A1, an ealry blue NM/Gold Cup without the beavertail, and now the carbonia blue WWI. I shoot my Sistema the most. I also have a RR and I just got a true WWII Colt last week. Anyway, I love to look at my blue Colts. In different light, different angles, different finishes. The WWI reproductions are not perfect, but they both have great unique Colt finishes. Now, about buying two WWIs. I don't know your financial situation, but I just ran into a great buy on a true WWII, for a lot less than a WWII repro. If I had bought two reproductions I could not have purchased the real thing!!! But, 20 years from now, the two repros will fell like you grabbed a great opportunity.

Cheers,:biglaugh:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I went to two different stores. Each had a new WWI (black oxide) repro. So I put both on layaway. Is that crazy or what?

What do you think about the looks and durability of the black oxide versus the carbonia?
Yep. That's pretty crazy. Check yourself into the nearest Nuthouse after you've paid for BOTH of the WWI's. Then send them to me at: (I've sent you a PM with my FFL's address.... enjoy your stay in the nut farm) :biglaugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts