1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt Series 80 that is about 3 years old. I was thinking about purchasing a WWII slide(Ithaca, Colt, Remington-Rand...it really doesn't matter) to put on my pistol. Will those slides interchange with my gun? Thanks for your help.

Chad

·
Registered
203 Posts
Take the series 80 components out of your frame and replace them with a TJ's Custom "Series 80 Frame Slot Filler". It runs about $5 from Brownells. That SHOULD be the only issue. A GI slide should function fine (will probably be a bit loose on your frame). Your barrel/barrel bushing should drop into a GI slide without any fitting. You didn't say what Series 80 you have, the Gold Cup and Enhanced Model's barrel hood will be narrower than a GI barrel. That'll be an eye-sore, if you have an Enhanced or GC barrel. The back of your slide may not mate up flush with the top-back of your frame, another eye-sore, but won't cause any funtion issues. I assume your doing this to reduce wear and tear on your Colt slide for trips to the range? All of the above advise is subject to this: While it SHOULDN'T require any fitting, ALWAYS be prepared to do some minor (and sometimes not so minor) fitting when dealing with 1911's. There are very few "Drop-In" parts when dealing with the 1911. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts