Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple of other takes on the same gun...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RGL01 said:
What is that, a Series 70?
Series 80. I figured it was cheaper for me to turn one into a WWII Commemorative than buy one. I wanted the look which I think I captured. :)

·
Administrator
73,399 Posts
Nice-looking piece. It's interesting that after parkerizing the slide came out much darker than the frame. Colt was having similar problems with their WW2 replicas for awhile as well. The reason is that Colt's slides are hardened while the frames are not, and hardened parts usually show up darker after parkerizing. If you look at original WW2 Colts you'll usually see where the front of the slide is darker than the rear half, because back then only the front of the slide was hardened.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dsk said:
Nice-looking piece. It's interesting that after parkerizing the slide came out much darker than the frame. Colt was having similar problems with their WW2 replicas for awhile as well. The reason is that Colt's slides are hardened while the frames are not, and hardened parts usually show up darker after parkerizing. If you look at original WW2 Colts you'll usually see where the front of the slide is darker than the rear half, because back then only the front of the slide was hardened.
Thanks for the info ! The contrast isn't as great when you see the real pistol but it is noticeable. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts