1911Forum banner

X9S/ SFX9 owners- would you buy again?

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  apipeguy 
#1 ·
It turns out that I need a subcompact 9mm for a very specific niche. I should just buy a P365 and be done with it, but I don't like polymer striker guns and shoot 1911s better.

I've read a couple complaints about the X9S/ SFX9 about jamming and finish wear.

If you own a X9S or SFX9, do you like it enough to buy again?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Absolutely!

Didn’t really know how well I would like it when I ordered mine but have found that it really is a super little gun. I think I am at 600 rounds with it and no malfunctions with my reloads or 124gr HST’s. Initially, I did have some FTRB (just barely out of battery) with 147gr HST’s. Several on the first outing, one on the second and zero the last time I ran them. My supply of HST’s is getting low and so I’m just carrying with the 124’s now and I’m fine carrying those until I can get an adequate supply of 147’s for testing or I may just continue to carry the 124’s. I don’t see any huge difference between carrying either.

Super easy and comfortable to carry without going down to a .380. Accurate as any of my other Wilson’s. This is not my everyday carry but I would not feel undergunned if I chose it to be my EDC. But I still prefer a 4” .45. When I don’t want to carry one of my .45’s, I have been happy grabbing the SFX9.

I am very happy with my SFX9.

#4 ·
In no way am I attempting to Hi Jack the thread but you did mention the the P365 and if you decide to go in that direction I don't think you will be disappointed. Mine is the standard but for $60 I added a XL grip module. Last summer I had no problem pocket carrying the standard 365. Rated for +P I have it loaded with 124gr HST+P and do not feel the least bit under gunned. Good little guns

#5 ·
I have a love hate relationship with the X9S. I bought one March 2020 and have trained with it quite a bit, I think I am at about 800 rounds through it. I have carried it quite a bit and while the 10 round grip extensions do make it better I find that I prefer either my ULCC or Counselor over it. I am more accurate out of the holster and my splits are quicker with either of those two. I also find that they carry just as well as the X9S. With that being said the X9S is part of my carry rotation but its for a specific application, one where I might have to leave my carry weapon in the car or while I am traveling. Besides the magazine extension one of the biggest improvements for the X9S is the Ameriglo front sight IMHO. I also have a Glock 43 that was sent to Wilson for some changes that occasionally gets carried in a pocket holster, once again a specific application pistol for me. Good luck in your search and you cant go wrong with a Wilson.

#8 ·
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Material property

Very happy with mine. There's a lot of round in a comfortable carrry size EDC. It's low recoil, accurate, great trigger, and handles very well. It's replaced my Glock 26. It has also replaced my ULCC. With the right holsters it hides just as well and has almost double the rounds...
Sleeve Camouflage Grey Gun accessory Font

#11 ·
Tucker Gun Leather from his post in the "Waiting for Leather" thread at post #1394

Tucker Deep Carry Deep Carry DC-2 Paddle Holster

#12 ·
In my opinion its, the 10 round SFX9/X9S, is too big for pocket carry. The footprint is larger than a J-Frame and weight wise its heavier than my 642. I carried a S&W 642 for close to 25 years in my front support side pocket and Im not sure I would even try with the X9S. I have found the Glock 43 carries well in the front pocket but since retiring its a specialized role it fills.

Reactions: CTSA1911
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.