1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've already heard about the XD's legendary reliability, accuracy and durability. Just a couple more questions:

1. Does it function well with lead reloads?

2. When shooting, does what is the gun's ejection pattern? Does it eject to the right, over your shoulders, or all over the place?

I need a gun that will eject to the right so I can at least catch my brass with my brass catcher (table mounted). My Glock 34 and G-21 tended to eject brass over my shoulder to the right so I always lost my brass. My new 1991 commander is ejecting all over the place!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't exactly know about the XD but have found that various loads have much to do with where the brass in thrown, no matter the pistol.

Example - Usually with reloaded or "white box" rounds I have brass all over the place. With my late grandpas "match" reloads all the brass falls into one neat little pile, no kidding..., and accurate, dang accurate. Wish I knew what he loaded them with...:grumble:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a XD 4" and love it. It seems to eject mostly to the right. I have never tried reloads in it.....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Mine throwsthem pretty consistantly. They land at about 4 o'clock two or tree feet over my right shoulder, but I'm left handed so I'd say it thorws the back and to the right pretty well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the 4" XD45 compact and it seems to throw them differently depending on the load.

The only problem I've heard with lead loads is you will have to clean more often...

Check out XDtalk.com. There are quite a few people there with experience with the XD before it was the XD. It's a great forum and the majority of the members there are very open-minded when it comes to other brands/models...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts