1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd heard rumors about an XD in 45 before, and then recently read about it again in a gun magazine. Anyone here have any info? Substatitated or otherwise equally welcome.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
183 Posts
They're working on it..............................................................
Dave

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The last I heard it's in the works. I rather hope they design it as a dedicate 10+1 pistol; it would be a shame to widen the grip to make it a high-capacity version for law enforcement or military sales.

Andy

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Agreed. I'd be on a 5" .45 ACP version with a stainless slide. The XD is a pretty nice shooter in my opinion. Of course, comparing it with a 1911 is like apples and oranges, but for what it is, it's not bad at all. :)

Andy

·
Registered
479 Posts
45acp or 45glock

After reading about the upcoming Glock 37, I can't help but wonder if SA is going to release their 45 XD chambered for the 45glock?

I am hearing that the 45glock will be compatible with 45acp loading dies and 185gr bullets. 45acp +P brass is alot like what the 45glock will be.

185gr 1100fps .45" bullet is certainly hot.

Springfield certainly has some talented engineers. Time will tell...

-Warlock

·
Registered
479 Posts
Found this article online after reading G&A mag

Interesting read.

45 G.A.P.

Once it gets a little more popular, I might rent one for an hour at the range and put it side by side with my 1911.

Until then, i don't see much point to it.

Personally, I think it is a rather silly round to fire. But, who am I to talk. I shoot 400corbons and love them. (165gr flat points with 10.5gr of bluedot behind them and magnum primers...real fast movers and excellent control)

To each their own.

-Warlock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts