1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Wolff XP recoil spring (#32725) yesterday for my Compact CDP. It came with a XP firing pin spring which I had not expected. Have you guys got both together? This was not mentioned on the phone when we discussed "spring issues". Does it come if you need it later or because they need to be installed as a set?

If this is answered somewhere else, sorry and direct me there.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Received my Wolff XP recoil spring (#32725) yesterday for my Compact CDP. It came with a XP firing pin spring which I had not expected. Have you guys got both together? This was not mentioned on the phone when we discussed "spring issues". Does it come if you need it later or because they need to be installed as a set?

If this is answered somewhere else, sorry and direct me there.
http://forums.1911forum.com/search.php :biglaugh: Ya, it's come up a lot.

The consensous, and what I've always contended is that Wolff knows what they're doing. Many, if not most manufactures get their springs from them so if they provide a FP spring along with a recoil spring, I'm going to use it. It's a 30 second replacement and if for nothing else, you'll have the extra safety of a heavier FP spring helping to some degree, to mitigate AD/ND's.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Wolff includes a firing pin spring with their recoil springs, at least with the XP, 16lb. and 17lb. versions that I buy.

When I ordered my first recoil spring from them several years ago and saw the enclosed FP spring I called to find out what the deal was.

Their rep told me it's Wolff's way of providing additional value to the customer and that it certainly doesn't hurt to replace the FP spring when you change out the recoil spring.

Works for me. :)

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
I think they send it out with all orders. When I replaced the recoil rod and spring on my XD9, they sent a firing pin spring along also. Nice peeps. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if this spring is different from the original "Kimber" spring? Sounds like it may be the same that comes with the gun. We need a spring tester!

There is a burger grill near here where the woman hugs a lot of the customers and often gives free dessert. So when it comes to burgers and firearm springs, you know where I am going!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts