1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I'm picking up a SW1911 (108285) in about a week (stupid waiting period) and I'm thinking of putting XS sights on it. I have several questions:

1. Has anyone does this?
2. Big Dot vs Standard Dot (speed vs accuracy or doesn't matter)?
3. Which model (brownells lists several, does SW use the novak cut)?

Any other opinions are welcome, thanks...like do you really give up much precision (especially with the standard dot)?

Thanks...

Howard

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have the XS 24/7's (the smaller size-not the Big Dot) on my Wilson. I love them, and for a defensive weapon I don't think they can be beat. You'll hear others say they block too much of the target at distances out around 25 yards or more because the top of the sight is rounded, and not square. Perhaps. If I were to use that pistol for competition shooting that might be an issue, but my purpose in installling these sights was to have the quickest target acquisition I could get in a defensive pistol. The 24/7's provide that for me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
howardw
I got the 108285 model about 1200 rds. ago-- I considered the XS sights, but the stock sights are very good for 3 dot sights, every bit as good as the Novak [white dot] I have on a custom Kimber. By the way-- you picked a great looking/shooting 1911

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.