1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my first Colt 1911. I found a Lightweight Commander XS model and it is in very good condition (about 98%). I was wondering what the difference in the XS and the XSE was. When it was made and what the approximate value of the gun is. The price on the gun is $859 but it was offered to me for $700 (plus tax). Does this sound like a good deal? The serial number is: LF12096E

Thank you for any information. I'm hoping it's a good deal because it sure is a nice looking gun!

·
Registered
233 Posts
If the gun is nice that is a good price for a XS. The XS had nicer sights, better grip safety, nicer trigger and was just generally better overall than the XSE's were. Although the current production XSE is pretty darn neat.

·
Registered
877 Posts
JUMP ON THAT XS gun immediately! It's a world better than the current XSE version. If you don't want it, less us know where you found it! :biglaugh:

As mentioned by RandyColt, the XS guns had much better features. The fitted high ride beavertail grip safety alone sets it apart from the XSE. In fact, I think they were best guns (in terms of what you go for the money) Colt ever made. In concept, they were a lot like a Springfield Armory Loaded guns.

By contrast, the XSE guns are more akin to the old Colt Enhanced models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.