1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking for another 1911, to go along with my Wilson, Kimber and SA.....and am considering an XSE, in particular their model number O1980XSE--the blue finish. Any comments or kudos? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have been very happy with my Blue XSE. I added a Wilson Drop in Beavertail, Wilson Extended Thumb Safety and S&A MSH. I'm planning on changing the MSH to the Wilson though. With those simple mods I was very happy with the results. I have over 1,500 rounds through my XSE with only a few FTEs, which were related to cheap ammo. IMHO it has the best looking rollmarks of any of the 1911s on the market today and has classy looking blue finish to it. I've gone back and forth between a GI and FLGR and haven't had any problems in either configuration. And it shoots POA. I loved my first one so much that I bough a second one to have a custom gun built on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Colt XSE Combat Commander

I picked up a XSE Commander a few months back. It is really a nice pistol. Have had it out to "the farm" twice to shoot, but haven't been able to print it on paper. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with one of the new Colts. The fit and finish is great. My only lasting complaint about the Colts are the factory sights. Unless you break the $1000 barrier, you are stuck with fixed three dot sights. Really nothing wrong with them. The Novak or Heinie types you find on the other brands are just more trendy. My XSE has impressed me to the point of adding a Blue XSE Govt Model to my future wish list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts