1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that yellow lense glasses help shooters, car drivers, etc. detect motion easier than other colors, especially in lower light situations such as early morning or late evening hunting. I also read that some people like to keep hearing protection and shooting glasses next to their beds at night (along with appropriate firearms) to prevent hearing (loud guns in a confined space) or eye damage (as from wall or wood splinters from errant shots).

My qestion is, does anyone know of any articles, web pages, etc. that would provide information as to whether or not the yellow actually helps, especially at night or low light conditions, and if it does, is there a particular hue, value, and chroma that should be chosen? "Yellow" lense shooting glasses cover a large range of 'yellows' and I would guess that if yellow does help, then there is probably a particular yellow that helps better than others. I have no problem with paying for quality glasses, but would hate to pay for quality glasses that aren't really the correct color for what I need.

Before anyone asks or suggests, no I don't have any wish to spend many hundreds of $ on head mounted night vision equipment. No doubt night vision stuff is cool, but it has an awfully range of application.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Double,
Check out Smith Sport Optics. I dont remember their web address, but if you do a search you will find it.
Basically yellow lenses reduce shadows and increase the usable light. I use them for Mtn Biking and Shooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts