1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we had this discussion before but I can't remember if we had a solution. Here it goes:

When I click any URL addresses posted in a thread (even with the 'open in a new window' option), and later click on my original M1911forum window, then 'BACK' to the main forum index, all the yellow light bulbs I saw earlier are gone, resulting in all the red folders disappearing from the respective threads.

I also experience the same result when open a thread in a new window, from the thread index

It seems my PC (or the site?) always refresh my screen automatically when I 'BACK' to the main forum index. I can't track the new posts and it's quite a frustration.

Right now I’m trying not to click any URL addresses and everything seems to work fine until I intentionally hit the ‘refresh’ button.

I'm currently using IE 5.5. If anybody has the answer, please help. Thks

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Wit,

My solution to the problem is to open a new window each and every time I read a post. I just keep the main window up and in the background, and once I read a post, I close it by hitting the "X" in the top right-hand corner.

I'll give you an example of what I do, step-by-step, just in case my explanation was confusing.

1) Enter the site.

2) Right-Click on General Discussion

3) Click on Open in a New Window. The Main Page with all the yellow light bulbs remains in the background.

4) Once in the General Discussion forum, I repeat the same sequence above so that all the threads with the light bulbs in General Discussion are kept in the background until I read them all.

Essentially you never refresh or hit the back button until you're done reading all the new posts. Does this make sense?

I wish there were an easier way to do this, but if there is, I haven't discovered it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traevin, that's sharp! I'll do that next time I get to the site, since I have already gotten to this tread without open a new window for the 'site suggestion' forum.

It's still a pain but it's sure better than losing all the new post indicators. Thks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Son, it works perfectly. Only I need to remind myself to get rid of the habit to hit the 'BACK' button when visiting the site. Thks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts