1911Forum banner

Yost-Bonitz 1*?

3192 14
I recently ordered a Yost-Bonitz 1* Basic Package from Ted this evening that is to be built on a Mil-Spec GI. He said it would take roughly 2-3 months before the pistol is completed. Until then, does anyone have any pictures of this particular pistol to hold me over until it arrives?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
3,543 Posts
That's an enviable purchase, sir. I'd be a little surprised if you'd really ordered one without having seen the tantalizing photos on the Yost-Bonitz website, but, in case you haven't seen them:

· Registered
25 Posts
And this one is built on a Champion:

Colton does great, great work. Pretty lines and a great trigger. Was a little
fussy with mags when brand brand new, but I had some pretty worn followers
in my Wilsons.

Now just waiting for the full size stainless to come back.... :)

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Here's one built on an older Milspec. Only change I made was the Heinie sights which means mine wears a Yost "Y" and not the 1* which requires the Novaks. I also had them junk any mim on the pistol, but you can't see those parts.

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
You are going to dig it brother!

· Registered
269 Posts
I spoke to Ted yesterday and the 1* treatment on Dulcinea, my Series I Kimber Classic Stainless should be finished this week. Here is a before pic:

I'll post an after shot as soon as I have her in my hands.

· Registered
269 Posts
Don Quixote believes the peasant girl Aldonza Lorenzo to be the Princess Dulcinea, (to paraphrase a song from the stage play) she is literally the embodyment of what he has dreamed so long, never seen or touched but known with all of his heart. Half a prayer, half a song she has always been with him thou they have been always apart.

With my screen name as Quixote, the pistol (once transformed) must be Dulcinea.

To answer the 1* on a Kimber question, I sent an email inquiry and Ted responded that there was no reason Yo-Bo couldn't do the 1* modifications on a Series I Kimber. Therefore a deal was struck and she arrived at Yo-Bo in mid May.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the pics...

Mine will look similar to GunsnRover's pistol but with a checkered frontstrap, a checkered MSH, an ambi-safety and Novak white 3-dot sights. There's just something about the way that they dehorn the hammer and grip safety that really makes this line of pistol appealing to me. It seems like there would be absolutely no hammer bite whatsoever with this design. Is this the case gentlemen?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.