1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's see if this picture shows up....

Last picture is most of my christmas presents as well :)

OK, range report: Unbelieveably accurate. Shoots holes within holes between 25-75 feet. Scary.... 100% accurate with everything I've tried 200g SWC's loaded with Bullseye, 200 g Speer JHP's loaded with clays (flying ashtray) and 230 factory ball ammo.

What was done?
  • Tighten slide-frame fit and polish
  • Heinie sights front and rear-all black, rear modified by Ted.
  • New springs and pins.
  • Short trigger.
  • Ed Brown 'Snakeskin' flat mainspring housing.
  • Trimmed Ed Brown thumbsafety.
  • Wilson beavertail.
  • Front strap cut back.
  • Ed Brown mag release and slide release.
  • Magwell bevelled.
  • Much needed melt job.
  • Reliablity job with new ejector, extractor, polishing, etc....
  • Bead blasted finished with slide flats polished to 325.

A previous trigger job set this up at around 3-3.5lbs. Recoil system is still the GI recoil system and I'm partial to the bald front strap, occasionally with anti slip tape if needed. THe grips are from Eagle Grips and they are Buffalo Horn (diamond checkered.) Thanks Raj and Ralph.......

I'm still in shock how accurate this gun is....... :eek: :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's beautiful! Ted does excellent work; the only trouble is that once you get once of his creations, you have to have another, then another, and so on......:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Please ID that hammer????

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mustang, and Ted: That is absolutely one sweet Springfield. Was that a mil-spec stainless originally? What mod. did Ted do to the Heinie rear sight that you referred to?
EricO

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Very nicely executed gun. Knowing Ted, it's a sweet shooter as well!
EricO said:
Mustang, and Ted: That is absolutely one sweet Springfield. Was that a mil-spec stainless originally? What mod. did Ted do to the Heinie rear sight that you referred to?
EricO
Ted modified the Heinie by removing the overhanging portion of the rear sight.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes, the hammer is STI. Ted had it 7 days shy of a year.

It's definately an accurate gun. Frighteningly so... :)

I'm a semi-fan of Heinie sights and I was not particularly crazy about the overhang so the removal of that is a great improvement in my opinion. I think it makes the rear sight/slide fit much cleaner. I like it quite a bit.

The gun was a circa '95 stainless springfield that came with a combat hammer and tang. It was a pseudo milspec, it never had a spur hammer but didn't sport a beavertail either. Mark Krebs did the trigger job a few months after I bought it using STI parts. It was set a 3 3.5lbs. Ted maintained the orginal trigger job but installed a short trigger. The trigger pull is second to none and far as I'm concerned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts