1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I was reading a few posts concerning it being 'kinda boring' here lately.
Well, NOT ANY MORE!!!

Check this out! Enough outstanding work, fine photos and all-around exciting pistolsmithing here to keep every one busy for hours!

www.blindhogg.com

Chris Williams, your work and your site are both awesome!

Chuck

[This message has been edited by pistolwrench (edited 04-27-2001).]

·
Registered
224 Posts
I kinda like that reptilian front strap
At first I thought it was a checkerboard pattern till I clicked on the picture. Too bad hes only doing military and LEO right now.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It's such a very good site! Thanks for showing us some of your works. I really like the reptilian front strap too. It would be nice to see the whole gun with the same cutting pattern when the project is done. Let us know too when you decide to get a FFL.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Outstanding site! There's great information there as well as pictures that will cause drool to appear on your keyboard. Hate when that happens. Thanks for the lift, Chris.

Jim

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks everybody for the kind words on my web site. It has been a work in project for over a year and I had been keeping it quiet untill it was completed. I have not completed the reptilian front strap pistol yet as I plan to put the same pattern on the slide cocking serrations and the M.S. housing and have not done that step yet. Hopefully I can finish the site in the upcoming next few months.
Thanks again for the kind words and I guess I will get back in the garage and work on my backlog.

------------------
Chris from va

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Nice site Chris, I can see you put alot of time in it, MetalSmith

·
Registered
802 Posts
Excellent site Blindhogg!

You've put a lot of work into it and I appreciate the technical information and how to photos.

Good stuff!

JSP

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks again everybody, I know the web site still has some rough edges (Mispellings, grammatical incorrections) etc but I decided to worry about content not form at first. Once I finish it then I will clean it up a bit. Also if anybody has any suggestions about a few new chapters I need to add speak up. I am thinking about a Reliability chapter.

------------------
Chris from va

·
Registered
417 Posts
Outstanding.

Timely, too. I've ben thinkng of collecting some gun pics for my screensaver program. Nothing like haveing your cake and eating it, too.

Thanks, wrench.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Pinman
Glad the sight helped you out awhile back when you had a few questions. As far as going public I decided I needed a kick in the ass and a little motivation from onlookers to keep on working on it. It was getting pretty old working on it when I had work in the garage to do.
Badger as far as going public and accepting open jobs at this time I am only accepting Military and LEO. Only because this is a part time venture for me and I am already backed up about 6-9 months from my Military Brothers and really can not afford to accept much more in the way of jobs. Thanks for the encouragement everybody it makes sitting down and writing the sight alittle easier.
Parabellum who let the cat out of the bag about me making a chapter on adding a bayonet to the 1911a1 to make it a true fighting handgun.

------------------
Chris from va

1 - 14 of 14 Posts