1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after getting off the phoen with accusport, as well as EVERY other gun distributor...NOBODY has the damn enw colts, and are not expecting a shipment for a short bit. I ordered a new auto ordnance WWII model, parkerized, and will run me about 450 bucks, not too shabby, it got a pretty decent magazine write up, now that they are owned by Kahr. I'll let ya'll know how it shoots, worse case scenario...it holds me off till I get a new colt
Ya'll give them a call...they have dropped thew price on the new colt re-issue..which they DO have in stock, still too rich for my blood.

101 Posts
Originally posted by Ugly-Jeep-Truck:
...[Auto Ordnance] got a pretty decent magazine write up, now that they are owned by Kahr.
Exactly, Kahr advertises heavily in the gun rags.

You no advertise, you gettum no product evaluation or bad product evaluation; you advertise, you gettum good product evaluation.

My, brother. You should have held out. Why the rush to buy?

Rob

[This message has been edited by In service to His Majesty (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the guy at accusport said they were pretty decent as well,worst case scenrio..I end up with a plinker, which is fine and dandy, don't get me wrong, I am still gonna get a new colt when they friggin have some, no law about how many 1911's I can purchase ina given time
the rush is I dont feel like waiting damn 3 months for a colt. Here is another write up that seems to give it a halfway decent review, http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-ao1911a1.html

[This message has been edited by Ugly-Jeep-Truck (edited 09-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ugly-Jeep-Truck (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Which new colt?
the 1911 reissue? We got one from RSR a few weeks back if that helps.
The new rollmarked 1991? SportSouth had some yesterday.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

If you didn't order at least one, your posting privs are hereby REVOKED for one month.
Seriously, we NEED some pictures of these new rollmarks!

I'll even loan you some webhosting. Just email me the pic and I'll post it.

[This message has been edited by Inspector Harry Callahan (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says "colt government model" with .45 automatic written below that, I will get my buddy over with his digital camera on monday, or wednesaday, depending on how the waiting period works, depending on if it starts when I first put down $$ to secure it, or when I pay it off, this is my first new pistol, always bought used. Either way, there will be pics sometimre after the first

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by Inspector Harry Callahan:

If you didn't order at least one, your posting privs are hereby REVOKED for one month.
Seriously, we NEED some pictures of these new rollmarks!

I'll even loan you some webhosting. Just email me the pic and I'll post it.

[This message has been edited by Inspector Harry Callahan (edited 09-26-2001).]
Well, email me a digital camera and I'll see what I can do :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts