1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here but not to 1911's, have 2 US Colts, a 1911 that my uncle totaly pimped out some 40 years ago and 1911A1.

I have been shooting bowling pins with these pistols but would like to get something newer with better sights. My freinds at the club have been happy to let me try their pistols (most makes and modles represented), I really liked the STI 6" single stack one fellow has but it is very prone to jamming. He says "the gun is junk" but it did not jam with me and my ammo.

I intend to make him an offer on the pistol but would like your input.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
STI's are decent and 6" with target sights make for a nice range shooter. Tough to say if ya should offer anything on it though cause you'd have to know if any work was done to it first. Parts can always be swapped out but slide/frame work:eek: I guess if the frame/slide didn't have work done to them I'd make an offer (low ball first cause ya never know how much you'll have to put back into it and the owner sounds like he's frustrated with it). I'd find out what STI's warranty was like, may be as simple as sending it back and problem solved for free or just shipping costs....Good luck.

·
Administrator
73,831 Posts
I hope you have no plans to pimp out your remaining USGI as well. :eek:

My GI pistols are all safe queens or retired casual shooters. They've gotten too valuable, and if something breaks at the range I'm probably screwed trying to find an identical replacement part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts