1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished reading "The B-Zone" and Duane Thomas' "The Truth About Handguns". "The B-Zone" was a fun page-turner. Included in my already read & favorite list are:
Unintended Consequences
In the Gravest Extreme
Send In the Waco Killers
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth
Practical Shooting, Beyond the Fundamentals
More Guns, Less Crime

What else is a must read?

·
Registered
195 Posts
This one's a must read, a bible for the 2nd Amendment! http://frontpagemag.com/books/index.htm

The Seven Myths of Gun Control by Richard Poe[/1]

------------------
"That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad"

- Robert Browning -

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
"A Rifleman went to War" - Herbert W. McBride

"The Art of the Rifle" - Col. Cooper

I could list many others, many historical, political and other subjects. But on the subject of rifle and pistol shooting (in addition to "To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth") these two really stand out.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Chico, is B-Zone worth tracking down? I'd have to special order it.

My favorite gun books? Stephen Hunter's Swagger series (those dealing with Bobby and his daddy, Earl) and The Freeman by Jerry Ahern. If you haven't read The Freeman, find it and read it. Not only is there good action, but it's got a great story. Peaceniks in the U.S. unilaterally disarm us and ask for Soviet assistance in quelling the inevitable rebellion. A little dated but still good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another good one is:
"Marine Corps Sniper" the story of G/Sgt. Carlos Hatchcock. This is a no bulls*!t and no hollywood hype story of what he did and how he felt doing it.

"One shot one kill"

·
Administrator
72,064 Posts
I guess I must not be that literate. I just like Chuck Clawson's .45 Service Pistols Guide. Not too much text, but lots of purdy pictures.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
674 Posts
My bookshelf for now

From Mas Ayoob:
In the Gravest Extreme
Stressfire 1 - Handguns
The Semi Auto in Police Service and Self Defense

Dave Arnold's Shoot a Handgun

NRA Exec Wayne LaPierre's Guns, Crimes, and Freedom

Jeff Cooper's Principles of Personal Defense

and my newest one "Fighting Smarter" from Tom Givens of Rangemaster.

Chico, I have not read More Guns, Less Crime but I have the full text with research data from Prof. Lott's original paper. I got it from the University of Chicago right after it came out

------------------
The United States Constitution (C)1791 - All rights reserved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts