1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am totally new to the world of 1911's and after searching the forums for a while I couldn't find much on Sig's 1911. Anyone got one? Would they make a good first 1911?

Thanks

·
Banned
410 Posts
I think they make a great range gun, but due to their slightly larger slide, not all holsters fit them. They are well made as one would expect.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with them, but the Sheriff's office here has had to send one back to Sig a couple of times. I can't remember the reason, but I think it was failures to feed with the magazines included with the pistol. After the 2nd time, the Asst. Chief Deputy that had carried it, went back to a Glock.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you search in this sub-forum you will find this has been asked before. But to answer your question, Sig has had some problems (primarily early on) with their 1911's. They are made from very good components. So perhaps it was the high amount of hand fitting required as opposed to their other designs. The slide is non-standard for a 1911 and won't fit most holsters. It also seems a little heavier than other 1911's. I personally have one I use for pin shooting that had a good trigger from day one, is as accurate as anything else I've ever shot and have had no reliability issues.

·
Banned
322 Posts
michael t said:
Buy a good Colt or Springfield leave the Sig alone
I disagree, I have owned all 3 brands (Many colts) and sig is the tightest and uses the best parts. It comes stock with parts I put on any colts I get replacing their factory stuff, it also does not have slide/frame slop rattle all of my colts have had.

I'm willing to bet that is the answer of someone that has never owned one.

Oh, I also have had no problems with sig fitting any of my existing holsters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Revolution XO

I have had a current production revision of the Revolution XO SS for a little over a year now. After about 7-800 rounds I have to say it's as reliable and smooth as any 1911 I've owned or shot. Just as good as my Sringfield Operators. However, I am disappointed that it won't fin in a 1911 Blackhawk SERPA. But anything leather it fits in fine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
buy all the sig 1911s

i love mine and i have two of them..both of them have never failed me and they are both more reliable then the colt i used to own...i have one of the first GSRs and now a STX and will not take for either of them..the STX is out of their custom shop and its hand assembled a very tight fit and is wonderful....

·
Registered
23,211 Posts
Have shot ones from my range buddies. They were good. One time I talked a range buddy into letting me clean his (don't LOL here... like paint the fence). Anyway, it looked very well machined and put together. I would vote a very good gun.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Curtis,
Something about your story just doesn't seem right.
Could you post some pictures of this cracked slide that they refused to fix.
Thanks for any documentation.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Brand new GSR 1911 carry with less than 250 rounds . Noticed a cracked slide was told it was an ammunition failure and not under warrenty, therefore not going to be repaired without me paying 340.00. Now I have a less than 48 hour old 1200.00 gun that I cannot safely shoot, sent back with a cracked slide. Talk about customer service. I have 4 other sigs, 2 220's, 229 and a 228 that are all for sell now at the next gun show and I will never buy another product from this company ever again. Done deal.
my co-worker's new sig 228 jams and i still couldn't believe it. My g23 shoots like there is no tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Quote:
"I will be glad to as soon as they send it back. The crack starts at the external extractor and runs obliquely backwards and down, measuring about 3/16 of an inch. I found it while cleaning the gun."

Not doubting you at all...just like to see some pics. Sure hope they fix it for you. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Just got my SIG Revolution Compact Stainless. I've put about 100 rounds through it with no issues so far. I love the balance of weight and felt recoil. It seems to be accurate ( 11 out of 14 rounds in the X, the other 3 in the 10, from 7 yards) Haven't tried from further back yet. I'm a novice shooter so I don't know if those are decent numbers or not. :confused: The only issue I have is the sharp corners on the bottom of the MSH, which isn't great for IWB carry.
I'll get a 'smith to ease the corners but right now I'm having too much fun!:D THe other thing I like is the 4.75" grip height. Most every other Commander sized 1911 has a 5" height except for the STI GUardian and Para CCW (I think) It makes it a litle easier to conceal. I've tried a couple of 1911 Commander holsters that the SIG 1911 fits fine in. I'm using a Blackhawk Check Six until my IWB from Brigade Leather gets here. The Blackhawk fits perfectly.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I am a beginner 1911 owner, I own a SIG Revolution XO in black. I shot it the first time yesterday. Put 220 rounds through it and only 1 FTF, prob due to the Nighthawk Custom mag I was using for the first time with Gold Dots. Personally I like the mags it came with better. Awesome gun for the $650 I paid for it. I would like a rounded trigger tho.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
This is a very interesting tread. SIG 1911 - versus all the others. Well you are either in the SIG camp or not. For those of us that are - have very well made - accurate and reliable 1911 clones. A lot of pistol for the $$$.

I own many of 1911 roll marks and SIG is up there in my top three. I will just say this: The only pistol I own that is more accurate than my SIGS (plural) is my Trophy Match Springer for 45acp.

buy what you like, just make sure it has good customer service.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't have a Sig.......yet. Next 1911 will be the Sig Revalution C3. After a little research through the forums and articles, the Sig 1911's have had no more or less problems than other manufactures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts