1911Forum banner

Your view on the P16/P14 Limited.

1034 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  nmchenry
What accuracy can be expected from your experiances? Fit & finish? Your personal views?
They made a review on the P14 Limited a few years back in the Swedish magazine "Vapentidningen" and the results were not especially good in comparison to the price. Somewhat poor accuracy, sloppy fit etc. Have things changed?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
13,763 Posts
I own a couple of P13-45 Ltds. Accuracy has never been a problem - right out of the box they would shoot 2" or less at 25 yds.

Fit is slightly above average in my experiences, finish is average or slightly below. There were several cosmetic blemishes in the carbon black gun I own, and several tool marks on the slide and frame of the S/S one.

All in all, I believe they are no worse (and certainly better) than some of the other manufacturers' products out there today.

· Registered
531 Posts
I have had a SS P-16 Limited for two years and the fit and finish is very good. When I first started shooting it I tried the 155 grain SWC but it would jam every once and a while so I switched to the 175 lead SWC and it has never missed a beat.

· Registered
57 Posts
I think the review as you reported in the Swedish magazine is un-bias and very accurate.

In my book "average" means a grade of C. My P14Lim came from the factory with loose and mis-aligned sights (front and rear), a total (extreme right to extreme left) slide to frame looseness of .032" (rattles with a flick of the wrist), when fully lock'd up and one presses on the barrel hood it moves up and down .012" indicating in adequate barrel fitting. The barrel bushing also rattled when installed in the slide.
The finish had tiny bubbles and the trigger measured almost 6 lbs.

Para's "gunsmiths", after seeing this piece of cast steel, agreed that it was an accurate and satisfactory representation of the quality of their product.

If "average" is the median of two extremes, Para's QC dept. must be using Jennings and Charles Daily as their bookends.

My next 1911 will be of the B+ grade.
This amounts to a couple hundred dollars over what I paid for the Limited.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When it comes to accuracy one must remember that we only use handguns for target shooting over here so SIG P210 is the "standard". It takes 1"@25 meters or less to even raise an eyebrow. 2"@25 is acceptable for local matches.
A revolver (custom Ruger) that shot 0,8"@50 meters was refered to as "quite accurate"...

· Registered
66 Posts
I have a P14-45 I bought a year and a half ago when I started shooting. I shoot IPSC with it and do okay for a woman with no prior experience and for being one who is definitely not a natural. I never had many thoughts on how accurate the gun was because I always blamed myself when I did not hit where I wanted to. About a week ago a guy I know went to the range with me and said it was shooting low so he turned the thingamagig that adjusts the rear sight and sighted it in. He then shot a few rounds at about a 4 inch piece of paper at the back of the indoor berm. Of course he hit it and eventually it was reduced to a spot about the size of a quarter and then, at about 16-17 yards, he proceeded to hit it. His comment about my gun was that he might have to get one because it was really a "good shooter".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.